Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Crepuscular Deer

Today, I want to tell you about our deer. We live WAY out in the country. As a matter of fact, when you get to ‘the country’, you still have to go a ways to get to where we are. Anyway, because we live so far out, we get to see a lot of wildlife like deer, turkeys, foxes, raccoons, skunks, mastodons, mammoth, pterodactyl’s, etc… We have what used to be a pond on our property. I say it used to be a pond because it’s been so dry this summer that it has all but dried up! Now it’s like a big mud hole. Everyday, the deer come out of the woods, and go to the pond for a drink. They are crepuscular, which means that they are active in the twilight times. Some guy wrote about them in the local paper, but I think our deer are documented.



They ran off when Daddy took their picture....



~Hon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh I am loving the peach cobbler!!!!!!!! yummo. I have heard tales of your deer and I am jealous that you such a plethera (sp) of wild life in your back yard... Your pond would be what jonathan is now studying... a swamp! More mud than water. Hugs to all

misty b