Friday, October 5, 2007

Daddy Blogs

Daddy has plenty to do, but he's loathe to do it. Therefore, I am allowing him a post today. Please show him the same level of courtesy and decorum that you have allowed me.
Thank You, ~Hon!


Thank you Hon! I will endeavour to maintain the superior level or journalistic integrity and quality that we have all come to expect from your blog. I shall eschew exaggerated turns of speech that conceal mediocre affections: as if the fullness of the soul might not sometimes overflow in the emptiest of metaphors, since no one, ever, can give the exact measurements of his needs, nor of his conceptions, nor of his sufferings, and the human word is like a cracked cauldron upon which we beat out melodies fit for making bears dance when we are trying to move the stars to pity.
I am, as always, your humble serpent.



Okay. Today as part of Daddy's Blog® , I want to solicit an opinion. I have attempted to get the opinion of my lovely and dearest spouse, however, she has turned a deaf ear to me as she realises that her opinion conveys consent, and that consent will most certainly require an expenditure of some yet unknown amount. She is, therefore, unwilling to offer any comment, so it is that I request the opinion of those who read this blog and, I trust, possess knowledge of what it is that will lend itself to our character and spirit.



You see, there are three lovely young ladies.....



....and there are all these pretty dresses that one could choose to make gorgeous holiday photographs.....



...yet, the question remains, which dress goes with each girl?



Hon, you may not comment as this is a solicitation for an opinion that I dont already know!

~Dad!


October 8, update.

So far, the votes favour:

Hon and Mommy for the Hon.


Laura, for the Hon, and for Amanda and Jaden.

I have to admit that I had picked this burgundy one as my favourite for Amanda since this is her colour!

This one is one of Jaden's colours, but I like Laura's idea of getting them matching dresses.

Misty! Be more specific, 'cause a row in your browser isn't the same as a row in mine.
I'm still waiting for more family to chime in. Where are you guys????
How about you Krishna? Which one's do you like?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pick the blue one for the Hon!

Alyssa said...

I LOVE the blue one, Momma!!

Laura Lee said...

I think the white sleeveless dress with embroidered and appliqued flowers photographed against the green background would look adorable on Alyssa.

For the two littles, I think matching dresses with the burgundy bodice and short sleeves photographed against the light blue background would be lovely.

My reason?? I think little girls similar in age look precious dressed alike. And big sis's skirt would coordinate with theirs.

Which bank are you going to rob to pay for these exquisite ensembles?

Hon's Daddy said...

Daddy’s experience with dresses is VERY limited. He knows very little of what they should cost. With that in mind, the $25-$30 that this lady on eBay is asking for any one of those pictured seems reasonable. Click here to see.

When my boys were little, their Mother took them to have portraits made on a regular basis. She continued for a short while after the Hon came along, but the practice has all but stopped in recent years. Dad is determined to capture his girls in similar portraits while they are still little!

Laura Lee said...

Those prices are fantastic. I can't believe they are less than $100 apiece. Go for it!

Confession time: Neither Holly nor Maggie have had a professional portrait made. That is, unless you count the group shot for the church directory....

Call it: FASCS-(Fifth and sixth child syndrome.) They will need therapy one day.

I hang my head in shame.

Laura Lee said...

Grammar check:

Neither Holly nor Maggie HAS had.....

Now I'm paranoid......

Hon's Daddy said...

You have to keep in mind when I use the word portrait, it means Lori took them to K-Mart! The only other things we've ever done is the sitting for the church directory, too!
This time, however, I want a little more experienced photographer so that I can get portraits that dont look so 'posed'. Amanda is such a ham for the camera!

Anonymous said...

Ok I like the second row from the top...(the whole row) I'm a little late at chiming in we had Dani's bday deal this weekend...

One for each one of the lovelies.

But I am sure that is not what you were asking for.
XXOO
M for the B's

Anonymous said...

I like the last 2 lavender top and red top with petals in the skirt.

Krishna said...

i love the Blue one,too!!!!