Friday, April 4, 2008

Maria Conchita Dorotia Arieta Rosita Jumanes

We have a very close friend who is the Mayor of Lando, South Carolina. His name is Mayor Stoner.

Mayor Stoner

He was over at our house for dinner last night, and he told us this joke...


There was this family who hired a Spanish house-keeper. She had worked for the family for many years, and was a competent and loyal employee.

One day, she abrubtly quit her job. The father of the household asked her to tell him why she was quitting.

She hesitated, and the simply said, "It not very comfortable to discuss, senor."

The father said, "Conchita. you've been a loyal and competent worker for our family for years. Please tell me what it is. Perhaps I can help. Do you need more money? A Raise?"

She said, "No. It is not the money. You pay me mucho well."

"Then what is it?", he pleaded. "You know you can trust me."

"Well, senor, It is...I...I in the family way." she stammered

The father looked shocked. "Conchita, that's wonderful! Congratulations! But you needn't quit. I'm certain we can arrange a way to work out your duties to accomodate you.", he said.

"Senor...It is not a joyful thing!", she exclaimed.

The he began to realise. "Conchita", he asked, "are you saying that it does not involve your husband?"

"Si", she replied.

"Oh my!", exclaimed the father, "then who? Dont tell me let me guess. Was it that no count brother-in-law of mine, Dirk? He's always chasing anything in a skirt."

"Si", replied Cochita, "and your son Wally."

"Wally???", exclaimed the father.

"Si, and his brother Theodore, too."

"What???!!!", shouted the father, "surely not Theodore."

"No, not Shirley. Theodore, and your wife, June, too.", she said dejectedly.

"Well, that's just too much to hear. I can hardly beleive it! Please tell me, Conchita, how could such a thing come about? I have to know."

"Senor", she answered, "yesterday I go to make up Dirk room, and he say, 'Conchita, you in the way!', so I leave. Then I go to Wally room and he say 'Conchita, you in the way!', so I leave. So then I go to Theodore room, and he say, 'Conchita, you in the way!', so I leave. Finally, I got to June room and she say, 'Conchita, you in the way!', so I leave. So you see, senor, I in the family way, so I must leave."


This is Conchita on the right, and her friend Wendy Wu.

The moral of this story is to make certain you know what the translation really means.
Later! Have a GREAT weekend!


No comments: