Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mommy, Daddy, and Jasmine are Home!

I know I have been away for a while, but Mommy and Daddy have been in China, and did you know that Blogger is not available there?

It's true.

The site is blocked so that you cant see my blog or make any posts to it!
So, since Daddy wasn't helping me, I just decided to wait until they got home to start blogging again.

This is my new baby sister, Jasmine Hope Chunhua (sounds like shune-wah).

Jasmine Hope Chunhua

She is from Huang gang in Hubei province, China. Mommy and Daddy were in China to get her!
She is a Valentine's baby, and she turned one just this past Valentine's Day!

Last night we made spaghetti. I think she enjoyed it!


After spaghetti, Mommy gave her a ba-ba and sang her the ba-ba song like Daddy used to sing for me when I was little.

If you dont know the ba-ba song, here are the words:

The Ba-ba Song
(to the tune of Oh My Darlin')
Eat the ba-ba.
Eat the ba-ba.
Eat the ba-ba.
Eat the ba-ba.
Eat the ba-ba.
Eat the ba-ba.
Eat the ba-ba.
Eat the ba-ba.

It's a good song, and I always enjoyed it when I was having a ba-ba.

The only problem is that baba is Chinese for Daddy, so she may be confused, but I think she'll understand in a day or two.

While Mommy and Daddy were in China, there was a huge earthquake.
They were a few hundred miles to the east of the quake but they still could feel it.
Mommy told Daddy that the bed was moving. He, of course, said she was just dizzy from being sick. Then he felt it, too, and said he thought the building was swaying, but that was all. Later when they went to eat, their guide asked them if they felt the earthquake and then they realised that was why the bed was moving. The next day they were travelling to Guangzhou, so they didn't see how bad it was until that afternoon. Maw-Maw said everyone was worried even though Daddy had posted on Jasmine's site that they were okay....

Not everyone is okay, though. A very many people have lost their lives, and we should pray for their families and those injured, too. After you've been to China, you get a special feeling for them, and something like this hurts your heart. Elvin started crying when the group told him they would be praying for him and his people.

The Famerse Elvin, our guide.

Elvin took the whole group out the first night to a place that is famerse for roasted pigeon!

Roasted pigeon!
(Yes! That is his head!!!)

Here are a few other delicacies offered at that place!

Really big fish.

Beetles

Worms

Prawns

Lobster

Larvae

As you can see, China has many diverse and exotic foods!

Jasmine liked the Pigeon!

There is just so much to tell about a trip to China, so I will save some for later!
For now, I'm just glad to have them all home!!!!


1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

So glad you're home safe and sound. Jasmine is too cute! I'm thrilled she has adjusted so beautifully.