Monday, September 8, 2008

Catching Up!

I know I have neglected my loyal blog readers, and I hope to do better.
Today, I will try to get you all caught up on Hon Happenings since the last time I posted here.

You all know we moved, right?
Well, guess what we just received in the mail?
An application to live in this county!
That's right! Apparently, this place is so popular that people wanting to move here have to apply for that privilege! Can you imagine? Well, now that you know how desirable it is to live here, dont you want to consider filling out an application? Just let me know, and I'll hook you up!

Sunset over the lake

In other news, Saturday morning, Daddy was leaving for orchestra practice at church, and when he went into the garage, there were two solid black baby wonkies! They took off when they spotted Daddy. We suppose somebody dropped them and their Ma off during the night and now they have taken refuge in the forest behind our house. I am still trying to coax them out with some table scraps! If I get them to come out, I'll post here first!!!

Do you all remember this photo of the Weiner dog stealing tea???
Well, that dog had puppies, and then this PIG took up with them!


I guess she was stealing the tea because she was thirsty from being expecting and all that.

Some of you know who Li Ping is, and if you do, you are all very happy that she's coming home! If you dont know her, well, I cant say any more than that, but it's really good news!!!

This past Sunday, Daddy played in the orchestra for the Moriah Mass Choir Concert. It was a rockin' good time of Southron Gospel Favourites!

Here's a video of one of the songs...



Daddy got to record it because most of his music looked like this...


If you cant make it out, its says 'Tacet', which is what they write when they want you to sit there and be quiet. Dr. Satterwhite had to stop at one point and ask Daddy not to sing because his flute mic was so hot it was picking him up, and he was drowning out the soloist! Dr. Satterwhite is the Minister of Music at Roebuck Baptist Church in Roebuck, SC. He reminded Daddy that 'tacet' meant to be silent. Daddy responded that it was only for the instrument, and not the instrumentalist. They didn't buy it, so Daddy had to be tacet!

Most of the other music looked like this...


This particular number has 97 measures. 57 are rests.
So you get to play for 41% of this number, and you cant sing during the rest(s)!

They didn't need any help, anyway...Look at all these people!




About 1,000 people showed up! That probably because Grand-Mommy told everyone she knew to come see her 'boy' play in the orchestra!

Okay...I think you're all caught up!
More later!


No comments: